Greetings Mark,

I am choosing to overlook your pointed jabs at my "Amish Computer Virus" ways.
( http://www.upperregister.com/~charlie/AmishVirus.html )

Mark Miesfeld wrote:
> In addition, Rick is already concerned about people not being able to upgrade
> ooRexx because of a dependency on .Net that they don't want or need.

That is the heart of my concern... seems I am not alone.

More and more I work with Linux systems. Thus I was not aware that MS slipped
into newer editions of Windows some level of .Net runtime. Maybe it is less of
an issue than I perceived from my M$
insulated bliss in the Linux world. ;-)

I use Linux like IBM promised I could use OS/2 back in 1992. Today Windows
programs are confined to operating in a VM instance. I turn on the VM on an
as-necessary basis. Mostly I leave it off and
simply operate in the OS/3 world... uuummm eeerrr LINUX! ;-)

Blessings,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems