I have a related question that someone might have the answer to,

While backing up everything from the root directory downwards on the Mac I
quickly got the error message that the path was to long, and that it can only
be 255 characters long on Unix like systems (like the Mac). This is a serious
limitation and a modern Mac have many directories nesting deeper than that.
Same for length of filenames.

I know it is documented but my question is, is the 255 chars a ooRexx thing or
a Unix thing? Can something be done? Is there a workaround to list
files/directories with more than 255 characters length?

Hälsningar/Regards/Grüsse,
P.O. Jonsson
oor...@jonases.se