On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 7:05 AM P.O. Jonsson <oor...@jonases.se> wrote:

> Am 01.03.2019 um 12:13 schrieb Rick McGuire <object.r...@gmail.com>:
>
> I'm not even sure why you are spending time doing this, but yes, it seems
> reasonable to only test on the things you depend on.
>

> One reason I am doing this is that the samples folder needs some cleaning
> up before ooRexx 5.0.0 can become a release candidate
>
> rexx.sh -> is this at all necessary to be in samples?
> rexx.csh -> same Q
>
> There are references to test cases in the readme file that are not there
> any longer, for example factor.rex. My take on it was to include
> *factor.rex* from 4.2 and write a test case for it.
>
> There are furthermore test cases present in samples subdirectory that are
> not mentioned in the readme file, presumably newer tests, like
> *usetree.rex*. I have written tests also for those and amended the readme
>
> Those are all useful corrections, and you should probably have already
contributed those corrections rather than just sitting on the information.
Open Source projects are not meant to be done in a vacuum. We just have not
pressing need for test cases for the samples, particularly if it takes time
away from other more important work. We will gladly incorporate any you're
willing to contribute into the test suite, but there is no really pressing
need for them.

Rick