This from 2018:

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 8:21 AM Rony G. Flatscher <Rony....@wu...>
wrote:

> Almost a month has passed since my last posting, so assuming that everyone
> is just in "wait and see"
> mode. Therefore throwing another stone into the water: how about releasing
> the current 5.0 Beta this
> coming week?
> :)
>
> Or are there any showstoppers anyone sees? Is there anything that is
> currently missing and needs to
> be done?

There are still a number of bugs and features that still need doc or test
work before they can be placed in a pending state. There's also not been
any work on a Mac installer created.

> When suggesting the current beta, mentally I included the great new
> features "address with" and
> variable references from Rick's sandbox (for each there is a 64-bit
> Windows ooRexx installation
> package at: <
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/olh1mqfwb4brp7r/AABI1X-Le9zDCJ0gyfvMdKB8a?dl=0>).
> <https://www.dropbox.com/sh/olh1mqfwb4brp7r/AABI1X-Le9zDCJ0gyfvMdKB8a?dl=0%3E).>
> AFAIK they
> are not in trunk and hence may need to be added to trunk and maybe it may
> make sense to create one
> more ooRexx 5.0 beta to get it tested on a wider scale for a few weeks.
> Alternatively, after
> releasing the current 5.0 beta as GA, these new features may get added to
> trunk and cause a new 5.1
> beta version to be created which may be released sometimes in the fall.

There's still a bit a doc and possibly some more testing work needed with
the address with and variable reference features.

> Ad rsock6: not seeing any commits in the repository not sure about its
> state. However, like with
> Unicode, in the case that IPv6 is really needed for the time being one can
> use the ooRexx external
> function package BSF4ooRexx to get access to it from ooRexx (in this case
> even SSL etc. becomes
> available to ooRexx programmers).
>
> At this point, I'd say that rxsock6 should not be included. Work sort of
stalled when I had to go without internet service for over 3 weeks. David's
code had a lot of issues and needed a complete redo. There are no tests
written for this and it will also need new documentation written. This will
need to be snipped out of the trunk build and moved to a sandbox before a
release candidate can be created.

Rick