I’ve read the referenced material, and I don’t think it applies to this
problem. The references mention archives with greater than 64k files or greater
than 4Gb in size.
When the archive exceeds these parameters, zip64 is invoked.

It appears that the incompatibility problems are created by the zip64.

It sounds to me that the limits were in response to the FAT16 file system.

I’m glad a work around was found.

Sent by Magic!