Игорь Пашев <pashev.i...@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

|    >> System error:
|    Arg or result mismatch in call to  |drop|

This might be due to mishandling of type proclamation by GCL.
I have seen an error like that in the past for a function in
src/interp/compiler.boot -- while none of the other Lisp found anything
wrong even in the most stricted debugging and checking setting.
Eventually, I figured it was because GCL had an obscure bug with type
proclamation.   The function "drop" is now defined in
src/boot/utility.boot with a proclamation that says it takes a fixnum
and a list of things, and returns a list of things.

What other Lisps do you have on Debian?

-- Gaby