Thanks again everyone for your guidance. We have implemented the Located
URI method and hope that all is now well.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to confirm that all of the titles are
displaying correctly in all of the catalogs? I tried a general keyword
search using the term "Online access", our default phrase in the $y,
without success. I also tried a general keyword search using the wildcard
term * without success. It would ease my mind if there was a way to confirm
that all 16K records are available when searching.
On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Kathy Lussier <kluss...@masslnc.org> wrote:
> Hi Don,
> There are a couple of approaches you could take.
> You could use a different bib source for records that should be retrieved
> system-wide than you do for the ones that require the Located URI. The bib
> source for the former would be transcendent.
> Alternatively, you could use a Located URI with ASLAN to make those
> records show up system-wide.
> In my experience, there is one key difference between the two different
> methods. If your use transcendence, those records show up in all catalog
> searches. If you limit by copy location, the electronic resource will be
> retrieved. I believe (not 100% sure) it will also be retrieved when you
> limit to available items even though the system doesn't really know if it's
> With Located URIs, the record is never retrieved when you limit by copy
> The MassLNC consortia generally use Located URIs, even for resources
> available to the entire consortium, mainly because they prefer the Located
> URI behavior.
> On 08/08/2017 03:51 PM, Donald Butterworth wrote:
> We changed the transcendent set to False and now the only records
> appearing in the respective catalogs are those that include a $9 in the 856
> field. I take it that a $9ASLAN needs to be added so that all Open Access
> bib records can display in all the catalogs ... or is there better way?
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Kathy Lussier <kluss...@masslnc.org>
>> Hi Don,
>> You want the bib source to have transcendent set to False for the Located
>> URIs to work properly. Transcendence is a way to make bib records visible
>> if you don't use Located URIs and makes the bib records show up everywhere.
>> Located URIs are an alternate method for making them visible, not an add on
>> to trascendence.
>> I hope that helps!
>> On 08/08/2017 02:24 PM, Donald Butterworth wrote:
>> Thanks Deborah, Elaine, and Mike. I have made adjustments to the Copy
>> Locations and Copy Status tables, and believe that will solve some of our
>> "not showing up" in the OPAC problem.
>> Now for the opposite problem. We have ebook records showing up in OPACs
>> where they should not be showing. Here is an example.
>> ISBN 9781426760112
>> Bibliographic source: *ebooks*
>> Psalms 1-72
>> / Richard J. Clifford.
>> =856 40$3Electronic copy from EBSCOHost$uhttps://ezproxy.asb
>> aspx?direct=true&scope=site&db=nlebk&AN=856417$yOnline access for Asbury
>> Seminary faculty, staff and students*$9ATS*
>> My understanding is that when 1. there is no copy record present, 2.
>> there is a transcendent bibliographic source present, and 3. there is a $9
>> present, the bibliographic record should only be visible in the OPAC of the
>> Org Unit defined in the $9. In this example the bibliographic record
>> displays in all of our catalogs, although the hot link only displays in the
>> ATS catalog.
>> What is the setting that we need to change?
>> Thanks so much for your wisdom!
>> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Mike Rylander <mrylan...@gmail.com>
>>> Hi Don,
>>> A title must have at least one copy, at least one located URI, or use
>>> transcendent bibliographic source in order to show up in the public
>>> Mike Rylander
>>> | President
>>> | Equinox Open Library Initiative
>>> | phone: 1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
>>> | email: mi...@equinoxinitiative.org
>>> | web: http://equinoxinitiative.org
>>> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Donald Butterworth
>>> <don.butterwo...@asburyseminary.edu> wrote:
>>> > Hi All,
>>> > We are finding that some of our titles show in the Staff Client but do
>>> > show n the OPAC. One example of this: titles that have a copy record
>>> > "New Book".
>>> > The only titles we want hidden are deleted titles. Everything else we
>>> > to display. What value do we need to change to make this happen?
>>> > Thanks!
>>> > Don
>>> > --
>>> > Don Butterworth
>>> > Collection Management Librarian /
>>> > Faculty Associate
>>> > B.L. Fisher Library
>>> > Asbury Theological Seminary
>>> > don.butterwo...@asburyseminary.edu
>>> > (859) 858-2227 <%28859%29%20858-2227>
>> Don Butterworth
>> Collection Management Librarian /
>> Faculty Associate
>> B.L. Fisher Library
>> Asbury Theological Seminary
>> (859) 858-2227 <%28859%29%20858-2227>
>> Kathy Lussier
>> Project Coordinator
>> Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative(508) 343-0128kluss...@masslnc.org
>> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kmlussier
> Don Butterworth Collection Management Librarian / Faculty Associate B.L.
> Fisher Library Asbury Theological Seminary don.butterworth@
> asburyseminary.edu (859) 858-2227
> Kathy Lussier
> Project Coordinator
> Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative(508) 343-0128kluss...@masslnc.org
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kmlussier
Collection Management Librarian /
B.L. Fisher Library
Asbury Theological Seminary