Doron Shoham wrote:
>> Divide node parameters into 3 categories:
>>   a. Immutable - properties that are not allowed to change at all.
>>   b. Immediate - properties that are allowed to change and take effect
>> immediately.
>>   c. Deferred  - properties that are allowed to be changed only while
>>                  session is not active (or when using -f flag).
>>                  The change will take effect only next session.
>>
>> Add -f flag (force) to iscsiadm when changing node parameters
>> that are defined as ATTR_DEFERRED.
>>
>> When using this flag, changing of ATTR_DEFERRED parameter
>> while in active session is allowed.
>> The change itself will take effect only in the next session.
>> A warning message will be displayed.
>>

> Hi Mike,
> Are you ok with this patch?

I think so. There was just some minor things I was going to fix when I
merged it . For exmaples the timer values are not picked up right away
so they need to be attr deffered.

I am not going to merge it for the next release (the one that is in rc
now), because some apps (installers and mkinitrd type of tools) are not
ready for the -f flag and it is too late to change them.

So I will do a branch for the next release or merge this first when I
make the new release. I was just waiting to see if Hannes fixes the
Makefile patch he had.