Alex M. wrote:
> On Jun 16, 4:29 pm, Mike Christie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> iscsiadm -m session -r $SID --rescan
>
> Doing a rescan doesn't appear to pick up the new size of the devices.

When you run that command what gets outputted to /var/log/messages. For
existing devices you should see:

Jun 23 10:08:44 max kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
Jun 23 10:08:44 max kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read
cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
Jun 23 10:08:44 max kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 195371568 512-byte
hardware sectors (100030 MB)

get spit out and the new size detected (this is only at the scsi layer),
because we do not just scan for devices we use the rescan attr for
existing devices.

However, there is issue outstanding I think. I think you then need a new
a newer kernel (like 2.6.26 or something) so that the block layer can
see the changes and pick up the scsi layer changes. Also see my comment
on FSs picking tihs up below.

> Having manually resized the filesystem on the target end, I now get
> errors on the initiator since the filesystem extents are outside of
> the apparent device extents.

I did not get what you said here? So do you have a FS mounted on the
initiator, then you resize and the FS on the target end (how do you do
that, do you mount it locally on the target)?

I think you have to unmount the FS when you resize the disk. I think we
can only handle the resizing at the disk level. The FS may not handle
this dynamically.