Yet again I must have done something wrong since I was unable to set
the timeout values to zero. Yesterday I removed all "saved data"
meaning the nodes and send_targets directory from /etc/isci and reran
the discovery, now the values where indeed set. I did this yesterday
on two machines (one 64 and one 32 bit) and have not seen any
connection-error since, nothing else reported from iscsid for that
matter.

manjula:/ # cat /sys/class/iscsi_connection/connection*/ping_tmo
0
0

manjula:/ # cat /sys/class/iscsi_connection/connection*/recv_tmo
0
0