On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 02:33:02PM -0700, swejis wrote:

> > > Looks like a tcp-reset was received ? Would it help if I start the
> > > initiator by hand and increased debug-level ?
> >
> > No. It looks like the target dropped the connection on us. Did you see
> > anything on the target logs?
>
> I am afraid not, this target unfortunately leaves much to wish for, a
> good log-function being one (jumboframes another). The only log
> facility I am aware of is the so called eventlogger, only giving
> information on major events such as disk failures etc. I am certain
> however a more sophisticated log-function does exist but is kept
> hidden from us mortals. Perhaps if Pasi reads this knows something
> that I do not (in the matter hehe..) ?

Hi!

I'm afraid I don't know more about that..

My general impression about this target (Promise Vtrak M500i) is that it sucks a
lot. I've seen a lot of target crashes, failing firmware updates, missing
(unimplemented) features in the menus, especially in the cmdline, missing
links on the web management (mentioned in the docs but nowhere in the actual
gui) and general feeling of "unstable and not finished".. not to mention bad
customer support.

It's the same as always.. good and cheap come in different packages :(

-- Pasi