[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've got a replacement timeout set to 86400 but after losing
> connection to the iscsi device it will fail typically in a minute or
> so:
>
> Nov 19 17:03:43 desktop kernel: connection4:0: detected conn error
> (1011)
> Nov 19 17:03:44 desktop iscsid: Kernel reported iSCSI connection 4:0
> error (1011) state (3)
> Nov 19 17:03:47 desktop iscsid: connect failed
> (111)
> Nov 19 17:04:26 desktop iscsid: connect failed
> (113)
> Nov 19 17:04:32 desktop iscsid: connect failed
> (113)
> Nov 19 17:04:39 desktop iscsid: connect failed (113)
> Nov 19 17:04:45 desktop iscsid: connect failed (113)
> Nov 19 17:04:49 desktop iscsid: connect failed (111)
> Nov 19 17:04:53 desktop kernel: sd 8:0:0:1: [sdd] Synchronizing SCSI
> cache
> Nov 19 17:04:53 desktop kernel: sd 8:0:0:1: [sdd] Result:
> hostbyte=DID_NO_CONNECT driverbyte=DRIVER_OK,SUGGEST_OK
> Nov 19 17:04:53 desktop iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator error
> - target not found (02/03)
>

> This is a stock fedora 9 install.  My understanding is that iscsid
> should continue to reconnect to the lost target for 86400 seconds
> before finally failing.

Are you using the iscsi-initiator-tools rpm in fedora 9 or are you using
a open-iscsi.org tarball.

Normally the initiaitor would wait for replacement_timeout, but in older
versions of open-iscsi, for certain errors like above where the target
tells us that the target is now gone, we would give up early. We thought
  that targets returned that when the admin explicitly removed a target,
so the admin probably wanted the initiator to not waste time trying to
login.  It turned out that this was wrong, so in newer versions we will
continue to try to login until replacemet_timeout fires or until the
admin runs iscsiadm to stop it.