First i would ask why the hell ?

The netapp filer is a very good CIFS/SMB share server. Using it as an iSCSI
target -- which is not is primary
function (netapp filer are more NAS than SAN) -- will only create
limitations (unable to resize volume on the fly,
unable to use wafl attributes to store windows security acl, ...) with no
visible gain ...

 Also your server seem very overkill to me, i must hope it won't have to be
just a samba<=>iscsi interface ...

For iSCSI and netapp in general, first make sure that you have at least
10% of free space inside the volume, and 10% of free space inside the
aggregate or else perf could
suffer and more important you won't be able to launch the reallocate process
("defrag").

The following is the recommended netapp/iscsi optimisations, however
open-iscsi doesn't support multiple
 connections per session now (iirc), so the best way to have parallel access
is to use multipath

iscsi.iswt.max_ios_per_session 64
iscsi.max_connections_per_session 16
iscsi.max_ios_per_session    64