Mike Christie wrote:
> This is what we do in Red Hat. It is a little tricky, because when
> iscsid restarts it relogins into the target to make sure its state is
> all in sync with the kernel and session. So the network has to be up
> first, then restart iscsid. iscsid will then kill the running session
> and relogin. There will be a delay of a couple seconds at this time, but
> it should relogin and then the boot process should proceed.

This seems to work:

#!/bin/sh

# cache this stuff
iscsid > /dev/null
iscsiadm > /dev/null

killall iscsid
iscsid
iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 192.168.x.101:3260
iscsiadm -m node -T database -p 192.168.x.101:3260 -l

Does that look sane to you?  It does pause for 20 seconds, but appears
to work.  Do you know why it pauses?

Also, thank you very much for your help with this, you have saved me a
tremendous amount of time and for that I appreciate it.

schu