Hoot, Joseph wrote:
> thanks.  That helps.  So I know that with the EqualLogic targets, there is a
> "Group IP" which, I believe, responds with an iscsi login_redirect.
>
> 1) Could the "Login authentication failed" message be the response because of
> a login redirect messages from the EQL redirect?

It could be, but then when we retry we end up handling the redirect ok.
I do not know why the first redirect would fail.

Take a wireshark trace or run iscsid by hand

iscsid -d 8

send the log output.

That will let us know where we failed, but it would not tell us why.
Normally EQL targets would leave something in their logs about why.

> and then my next question is more for curiosity sake:
>
> 2) Are there plans in the future to have more than one connection per
> session?  and I guess in addition to that, would that mean multiple
> connections to a single volume over the same nic?

No plans for MC/s. You can do multiple sessions to the same volume
though. You can have multiple sessions over the same nic or over
difference nics or some combo.