On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:26 PM, DeepBlue <zhangxintaofi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a error with I inserting the ib_iser.ko module as following:
> [r...@localhost init.d]# insmod /lib/modules/2.6.18-8.el5/kernel/
> drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/ib_iser.ko
> insmod: error inserting '/lib/modules/2.6.18-8.el5/kernel/drivers/
> infiniband/ulp/iser/ib_iser.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
> my linux kernel 2.6.18-8.el5
> who can help me?

This is because your ib_iser module was built against open-iscsi from
the redhat kernel (2.6.18-8.el5). You are currently running open-iscsi
modules that you took from open-iscsi.org. If you run 'dmesg -c',
you'll see the list of symbols that it disagrees on.

What can you do? Assuming that you want to use iSER, use the
open-iscsi kernel modules from kernel + open-iscsi userspace tools
from open-iscsi.org. Another (easier) option is to install OFED that
has open-iscsi with iSER support.

Erez