On 01/19/2010 02:32 PM, Billy Ronie wrote:
Forgive any typos since I'm working in the vsphere client window I can't
copy out the message, but here is the reply I get from that command.

iscsiadm: Cannot perform discovery. Initiatorname required.
iscsiadm: Discovery process to 10.10.82.43:326 failed to create a discovery
session
iscsiadm: Could not perform SendTargets discovery.

Thanks for your quick replies I've been stuck on this for hours with no
luck.

In /var/log/messages do you see something from iscsid about missing Initiatorname or missing initiatorname.iscsi file? It should be there around the time you do service iscsi start? Or do you see something about missing iscsi modules or missing or invalud version and something about scsi_transport_iscsi?

To install this did you do "make install"? If so you should have a file under /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi and in that file you should have a line
Initiatorname=iqn.2001-08.something.something

If you do not, then create one and instead of something.something add whatever you want the name to be.

Then start the iscsi service

/etc/init.d/open-iscsi start

that should start iscsid which should read the initiatorname.iscsi and load all the iscsi modules including scsi_transport_iscsi.

Then run the discovery command again.