Bart Van Assche wrote:

"1,030,000 IOPS over a single 10 Gb Ethernet link"
This is less than 1us per IOP.  Interesting.  Their hardware may not
actually support this.  10GbE typically is 7-10us, though ConnectX and some
others get down to 2ish.

Which I/O depth has been used in the test ? Latency matters most with
an I/O depth of one and is almost irrelevant for high I/O depth
values.

Yes, but then they are measuring the efficiency of their caching/queuing, and not of actual physical IOPs.

For one of our storage clusters at a customer site, we have demonstrated really fast writes into cache across 8000+ simultaneous writers. Its just that this number is ... well ... meaningless.

Bart.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO