I'll make a trace shortly. The only reason iscsi_tcp is loaded is so that
the target can boot its OS and run an iscsiadm discovery. As far as I
understand it, iscsiadm still can't discover if there's no route to the
target.
On Jun 9, 2011 6:15 PM, <jayamohan.kallic...@emulex.com> wrote:

>>Thanks for the speedy reply!
>
>>I've set the initiator name the same in the bios and in the OS. Do
>>they *have* to be different? I can see the logic in having each
>>transport have a different name, but it seems not to be the case with
>>the other qlogic iscsi HBAs i'm using.
>
> There is no requirement on the initiator name being same or otherwise but
I generally use the same name.

> I understand that you are able to complete the login from Emulex
iscsiselect (BIOS screen which you get into by pressing