On 06/30/2011 06:48 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
> On 06/29/2011 09:28 AM, Seth Simons wrote:
>> I've managed to get this target to work now. The steps I had to take were:
>>
>> - Use the latest 2.6.39 kernel and open-iscsi userland (to make be2iscsi
>> work)
>> - Disable the 'Load Balancing' feature on the HP P4300s (to make the
>> target behave itself)
>>
>> Confusingly, the 'load balancing' option on the P4300 works perfectly
>> when using either the qla4xxx or iscsi_tcp drivers. Not sure why,
>> though i'll continue to play around with it.
>>

> Thanks for reporting back. Does load balancing mean that the target does
> login redirect (the initiator logs into one portal then the target will
> redirect the initiator to a portal it thinks will be better)?

Seth, ignore the question above. I can replicate it here.

Jay, have you tested be2iscsi with the HP box mentioned above, or have
you tested with a Equalogic box or tested with any box that does login
redirect?

I used tgtd then set the redirect address like this:

tgtadm --op update --mode target --tid 1 --name RedirectAddress --value
10.76.0.30
tgtadm --op update --mode target --tid 1 --name RedirectPort --value 3260
tgtadm --op update --mode target --tid 1 --name RedirectReason --value
Temporary
tgtadm --op show --mode target --tid 1
RedirectAddress=10.76.0.30
RedirectPort=3260