+1 to all that.

What JDO does is publish the non-maven artifacts to the dist/db directory (JDO is a db sub-project) and there is a script that allows us to use the mirrors to let folks get the binary or source download. And we publish the maven artifacts so that a user can just write a pom and five lines of code later maven will download the dependency tree. Sweet.

Craig