Hey Shawn,
I’ll add to Steve’s point that if there is not current OVAL support for the
constructs you need, then the new OVAL tests/objects/states/items would need to
be created in either a new OVAL schema or (more likely) as additions to the
existing Linux schema.  Once created a proposal can be made to the OVAL
language team through an issue and pull request to the official OVAL Language
GitHub<https://github.com/OVAL-Community/OVAL>.  The newly released proposal
process can be found
here<https://oval-community-guidelines.readthedocs.io/en/latest/proposal-process/index.html>.

Once proposed, the OVAL community can provide feedback and implementations to
prove the concept and progress the proposal along towards adoption.
Ultimately, the area supervisor for the Linux schemas will need to be involved
as well.  The supervisor for Linux is currently Simon Lukasik.

I’m happy to help out with any schema development, and potential implementation
of proposed updates as well (although I’ll freely admit negligible knowledge of
OpenShift).  The language governance, proposal and adoption process are all
recently “released” so if you find yourself needing help with the process,
don’t hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,
-Bill M.

Bill Munyan
Solutions Architect; Security Best Practices
31 Tech Valley Drive
East Greenbush, NY 12061

william.mun...@cisecurity.org<mailto:william.mun...@cisecurity.org>
518 466-1160 (cell)