Dear All,

I have been struggling for a while getting a working OpenDX
insatallation on a new graphics station (2cpu amd64 with nvidia fx5700;
latest nvidia drivers ). I have given up on sorting out the dependency
issues with the farious rpms and am trying the CVS source.

It built sucessfully built but with a series of linking errors e.g.:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a when
searching for -lX11

After make install, dx comes up and I all the samples I have tried run
fine.

However when running a dx.net of my own I only get a blank image window
and my colour maps are also black. Even more strangly, the colour bars
in the image window are fine! It appears that the exec is doing it's job
OK and generating the data for image to plot since there is a cpu load
and I get a file full of data when I send the data plottted to export.

The exact same net works fine on all the Win2K/XP boxes we have running
the Viz version of DX.

Has any one seen this before or have any ideas where I might look to try
and sort this out?

Thanks in advance

Peter

PS
the complete list of "incompatible libraries is:

libXpm.so when searching for -lXpm
libXp.a when searching for -lXp
libGLU.so when searching for -lGLU
libGL.a when searching for -lGL