from ehr_im

OBSERVATION (for all observed phenomena,including mechanically or manually
measured, and responses in interview)

My interpretation is automatic calculations are included in "mechanically
measured".

Also

EVALUATION (for assessments, diagnoses, plans, risks, recommendations)

I don't see an evaluation in the execution of a numeric formula, but I can
see it in the recording of an evaluation in terms of the result of
executing the formula. Similar case the calculation of the mean systolic BP
based on a series of events = 140 mmHg (is OBS), and stating "high BP" or
"hypertension" is EV).

--
Ing. Pablo Pazos GutiƩrrez
Cel:(00598) 99 043 145