Hi,
Reply in text,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Feahr" <ch...@optiserv.com>
To: "Karsten Hilbert" <Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net>;
<openehr-technical at openehr.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: HISTORY DATA SET IN EPR

> Karsten,
> I agree that the medical concepts shhould be carefully modeled first...
> then extract the necessary terminologies... then build the necessary
> code lists.  I have not wanted to pay the $500 licence fee to look at
> SNOMED CT, as it will be free for all in 3 months... so I apologize for
> my ignorance there... but my understanding was the the SNOMED people had
> already modeled complaints, signs/symproms, diagnosis, treatment plans,
> prognosis, outcomes... the whole 9 yards.  If that is true (seems too
> good to be true!) then it may only require a (simple??) mapping of
> SNOMED CT to a collection of EHR Archetypes.

A symptom is not for example dyspnoea it has a number of clinical add on
parameters that a clinician records beyond onset, duration course. This is
not addressed ( my belief stand to be corrected ) in the snomed CT.

> My presumption, given the magnitude of the task of producing such a
> granular model... not to mention, the massive physician input and
> necessary vetting, for which there is no efficient mechanism...I am
> assuming that the SNOMED modeling effort is still at a very high
> level.of abstraction.  Can anyone fill ne in on the present state of
> this work?  SNOMED CT claims to already have "350,000 coded medical
> concepts", but since it was constructed by a group of pathologists, I am
> assuming that other care domains are not represented in great detail.

You are right in your assumption it is mainly pathology focussed and not
with a clinicans perspective.

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org