Dear Bert,

Reading again a thick report by our Royal Dutch Medical Association
about the interpretation of this pecific Dutch law my opinion is NOT
changed.
In a separate e-mail you can read some relevant pages.

In summary. 'Information can be destroyed' is the text.

There are two important conditions when it is not allowed to destroy
information:
- because of legal reasons
- because of a substantial interest for others not to destroy it. An
example is a legal process, or genetic information.
What is not explicitly discussed in this report is the use case where
decisions have been made on the basis of information that the patient
wants to remove. In my opinion in this use case the information can
never be removed physically or logically in the context of these
decisions and the legal implications. But it must be removed
logically in the context of information that can be transmitted to
others.

Later in the report there is a chapter on the EHR and deletion.
They explicitly mention that deletion in the electronic sense means
destruction of the hard disk and CD-rom, etc.
This is not possible. A pragmatic solutions in terms of a well
behaved Information system, implicating logical delete plus specific
business rules, is the optimal solution.

Gerard

--  <private> --
Gerard Freriks, arts
Huigsloterdijk 378