On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 22:06 +0100, Seref Arikan wrote:
[off the topic, needs it own thread I suppose; but.....]
> solution attempts to some of the problems we have. For example, as
> Tony Shannon has written a couple of times, there is ongoing work at
> CHIME (which should be revealed quite soon) for implementation of
> fundemental aspects of an openEHR based system, and I am very willing
> to consider HL7  V3 or 2.x as a message bus for connecting openEHR
> repositories to other systems. This will require a mapping mechanism,
> and I would be willing to employ OWL based opportunites here. This
> would be a controllable use case for tackling the issues which have
> been described by you also. In case you have other solid use cases you
> can share, I'd really like to hear about them.

I'm wondering why you would reinvent something when a perfectly good
tool (open source) already exists for such things?  MIRTH is perfectly
capable of handling many challenging interface issues.
http://www.mirthproject.org  We are in the planning stages of
implementing an API for it in OSHIP http://launchpad.net/oship

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services