Hi Tom,
Some agreement seems to appear after all :) Just to cover the points I've
picked up: there are different views about what is offered by different
realms, and the extend to which integration of these realms is possible. It
is great to see these options expressed. In addition to absolutely valuable
feedback, I can almost see a common interest to further test the usability
of existing research in different realms in a more or less well defined
scope. Charlie puts this into context of LRA related work, I have targeting
HL7 related tasks (mostly as an academic exercise), and Tom suggests
narrowing the scope, which may or may not be realized in the context of my
or Charlie's efforts.
I have an embarrassingly simple expectation for an outcome of the semantic
interoperability work that has taken place so far: I want to be able to use
medical data  in two different systems in a very basic way, that's all. I'll
try to make this happen in the smallest, controllable scope I can get my
hands on, but I'd like to thank to all contributors of this thread, for it
has given me a nice overview of the state of the art and the craft.

Kind regards
Seref