I am happy to read this opinion and I do fully agree on this.

This makes it possible to use templates for any purpose desired.
I already had thought of some template enrichments which work with CSS.

Now that there is template parsing software in Java, I am thinking of
further developing/implementing it.

Next step will be a repository with archetyped controls, like a GUI
building developing tool, it even could be an eclipse or visual studio
plugin, or write an own development environment, and so enabling a drag
and drop development tool for people close to the medical professions.

The templates could be the base of a Windows-executable GUI, or Mono, or
Java, or PHP, or Javascript/HTML (AJAX), a client application that
changes, depending on the template loaded. It is all a matter of just
work to do.

Maybe I am jumping too many steps in one time, but something like that
is my bit further goal.

Bert