On 20/12/2010 12:05, Erik Sundvall wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 00:30, Thomas Beale
> <thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com>  wrote:
>> On 10/12/2010 08:49, Erik Sundvall wrote:
>>> If the already present annotation mechanism in templates is powerful enough
>>> (Do you think it is, Koray, Pablo and others?)
>> to be clear, do you mean the annotations documented in the ADL 1.5 draft
>> document? I.e. the new annotations section?
> Yes, I was then thinking of section 9.8 in
> http://www.openehr.org/svn/specification/TRUNK/publishing/architecture/am/adl1.5.pdf
>
> When looking closer at this for GUI hint experimentation, perhaps we
> could instead use a combination of annotations and the assertion/rule
> mechanisms in ADL/AOM? The already present logic in the assertions
> mechanism is probably enough to define e.g. Boolean trigger variables.
> Annotations could then be used to let GUIs know what to do/show/hide
> based on those triggers.

I will have annotations implemented in the next few days, with some test
archetypes. We will put a release up in hopefully < 10 days, and people
can play.

BTW: the current draft online is incorrect: it misses a language level
in the annotations structure (i.e. annotations are linguistic entities
so they need to be defined under a specified language just like terms on
the ontology section). The structure I implement will also be put
online. Then all requests for change will be considered ;-)

I have to beef up the implementation of the invariant (now called rules)
section; then we can try to implement this example below...

- thomas