Hi Joaquim,

Just to add to Hugh's excellent comments. One of the issues you will
find is that it is sometimes impossible to harmonise all the competing
perspectives, even for something as seemingly simple as demographics.
The archetype driven approach, with maximal dataset philosophy, allows
these competing views to co-exist, very visibly and acts as a spur for
future harmonisation. 'Minimal dataset' philosophies lose this
knowledge and any future attempts at rationalisation essentially have
to start from scratch. So, as well, as capturing shared, agreed
requirements, we are also capturing dissent, which we can try again to
resolve in the future.

You should have a look at the Demographics model archetypes on CKM at
www.openehr.org/knowledge

e.g. Person http://www.openehr.org/knowledge/OKM.html#showArchetype_1013.1.479

We have had a few discussions with openMRS people in the past, and I
am sure there is real value in collaboration. I think the archetype
methodology and review process would be of great value, even if
openEHR was not used formally at the back-end of openMRS systems.

Ian

Dr Ian McNicoll
office +44 (0)1536 414 994
fax +44 (0)1536 516317
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
skype ianmcnicoll
ian.mcnicoll at oceaninformatics.com

Clinical Modelling Consultant,?Ocean Informatics, UK
openEHR Clinical Knowledge Editor www.openehr.org/knowledge
Honorary Senior Research Associate, CHIME, UCL
BCS Primary Health Care ?www.phcsg.org