Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 20:44:49 +0000
From: thomas.be...@oceaninformatics.com
To: openehr-technical at openehr.org
Subject: Re: GUI-directives/hints again (Was: Developing usable GUIs)

    On 15/12/2010 00:57, pablo pazos wrote:

      Hi
          Thomas,

      You describe a very big picture and sounds logic, so we'll have:

        Level 1: archetypes (for model complete data sets about a
          concept, general and specialized ones)
        Level 2: structural templates (for localized use of
          archetypes, general and specialized templates)
        Level 3: define the use of the structural templates

          GUI Templates: define directives over a couple of
            Structural Templates to create a graphic representations of
            some archetyped data.

          Message Templates: define directives to structure
            archetyped data into messages with some syntax (HL7 v2, v3,
            13606, CCR, CCD, CDA ...).

    to do non-openEHR message syntaxes, it requires not just another
    'template' (in fact, not much be needed here), but a transformation
    from the operational template (OPT) form to the target form, e.g.
    CCR XSD or whatever.

          Report Templates: create reports with aggregated data and
            graphic representations like charts. Can be used by GUI
            Templates.

          Information Aggregation Templates: to define data
            aggregation rules over a set of  archetyped data. Can be
            used by GUI Templates, Report Templates, etc.

          Rule Templates: to define rules over a set of archetyped
            data to check validity, consistency, etc, etc. Can be used
            by Decision Support Modules, e.g. to check medication
            reactions.

    I am not sure what some of these would look like, but I suspect they
    will come into existence one day...

          If the already present
              annotation mechanism in templates is powerful enough (Do
              you think it is, Koray, Pablo and others?)

         to be clear, do you mean
          the annotations documented in the ADL 1.5 draft document? I.e.
          the new annotations section?

      I have a couple ideas that can improve what we've done on the
      EHR-Gen framework. If you want I can put them in the wiki.

    please do that