Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 16:47:07 +0100
From: thomas.be...@oceaninformatics.com
To: openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org
Subject: Re: Commiting ACTIONs for the same INSTRUCTION ACTIVITY

    On 08/08/2012 22:03, pablo pazos wrote:

        Hi,

        Just a small related question: can I continue executing
          ACTIONs for an ACTIVITY that has already be "completed"? or do
          I need to create another ACTIVITY with the same information in
          order to have another execution workflow?

        e.g. is this valid?

        - create INSTRUCTION/ACTIVITY
        - create ACTION (state = scheduled)
        - create ACTION (state = active)
        - create ACTION (state = completed)
        - create ACTION (state = scheduled) // for the same
          INSTRUCTION/ACTIVITY instance as the previous flow: scheduled
          > active > completed

    Pablo,

    it's completely up to what you have archetyped. If you have an
    ACTION who state is 'active', you can map numerous care pathway
    steps to that, e.g. you might map 'dispense', 'administer',
    're-issue' all to the 'active' state. So that means 3 different
    kinds of Action that can keep occurring in time, and each time, the
    state machine is still in 'active' state.

    Even if you only map one care pathway step, say 'administer' to the
    active state, you can of course have numerous occurrences of
    administration over time.

    So both ways, a single ACTIVITY can lead to numberous ACTIONs.