I believe that the client application/machine should be recorded in a
separate level audit log, something like the ihe atna.
The contribution audit is intended to support thr versioning control in a
distributed environment of eHR systems do when compositions are exchanged
between systems we know were it was originally committed.
There are many auditable event that occur in an eHR system that are not
supported by thr contribution audit such as reads which require a separate
audit log anyway, this is more at the service layer than in the EHR.
Heath