From: openEHR-technical [mailto:openehr-technical-boun...@lists.openehr.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Beale
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:29 PM
To: openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org
Subject: Re: Instruction archetypes and overlaping nodes with
INSTRUCTION.narrative

On 29/10/2013 16:28, Dr Ed Hammond, Ph.D. wrote:
As a point of interest, the "required" narrative section in CCD was an interim
step because we (US) still have a number of sites that cannot accommodate
structured data.  In my opinion it does not imply correctness.

Ed,

I suggested some rules in my blog post for deal with this very ubiquitous
reality... I wonder if you have any feel for whether the text/structured
'equivalence' idea will remain in a future CDA - going by Grahame's
blog<http://www.healthintersections.com.au/?p=1699>, it appears CDA will turn
into FHIR, i.e. a completely different format? If it is retained, there is an
opportunity to establish better rules for this. I can imagine upgrading openEHR
to use such rules as well.