Hi!

ND on the specification documents is not a big or urgent problem if there
are Apace 2 licenced computable artifacts like UML-files/descriptions of
all classes, ADL/AQL grammars, openEHR term lists/vocabularies and other
things needed for building actual systems. I believe that is already the
case (or at least the intention).

In W3C and similar organizations the "ownership" and ways to influence the
organization is probably a bit more clear than openEHR.

As a Swede it is easy to compare the governance of openEHR to
the constitutional monarchy I live in :-) A tradition-based non-elected
royal family that most people kind of like and don't mind and then the real
action/power lies in the elected parliament. It is just that the division
of power and responsibilities is a bit more obvious in the nation than in
openEHR. Is there a clear document describing the division of power between
the "royal family" and the elected management board in openEHR?

Having non-elected initial founders in the top of open source projects is
not uncommon and often works well. The forking-possibly and many other
things contribute to this working quite well, see the list at
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolent_dictator_for_life for examples.
However Standards-organization-thinking-people are likely less used to this
kind of thinking, and this creates confusion or concern.

So I'd say either clarify/modify governance or make licences so open that
concerns about governance become irrelevant.

The potential confusing effect of what SA (share alike) on the archetypes
legally means for some kinds of use inside non-open-source systems is
another, probably more burning issue that has already been discussed, I'll
try to avoid that thread right now.

//Erik Sundvall

P.s. David Ingram is very nice and fitting in the role of a founding king,
don't you think? ;-)

måndag 7 september 2015 skrev Thomas Beale <

--
Sent from mobile.