Dear All,

There are many, many, many archetypes in the various openEHR CKMs that DO NOT,
I repeat DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT use valid UCUM codes for units in various
DV_QUANTITY elements. I would guess up to 30% of Observation archetypes have
some ‘invalid' UCUM unit.

I spent some time trying to explain the reason for, and ramifications arising
from this issue in a previous post. That post arose from Heather Leslie’s
concerns about potential major changes to the coveted blood pressure archetype
- see
https://www.mail-archive.com/openehr-technical@lists.openehr.org/msg09185.html.

In that post I stated "Even basic archetypes like Body Temperature define units
which are not UCUM-conformant. I consider this to be a more serious issue than
the tilt angle of a person whose blood pressure is being recorded."

At that time Thomas suggested I raise a Problem Report, but  so far  I have
failed to do so.

There are also the related PRs:

https://openehr.atlassian.net/browse/SPECPR-13
https://openehr.atlassian.net/browse/SPECPR-96