There are good arguments in the discussion. I take this message to reply to
because it is the last for this subject at the moment.

I am thinking of following situation. This week, Microsoft, Google, Amazon and
IBM agreed that there must be a health data platform which exposes itself in
FHIR and API. Apple will certainly connect too. What will run below is not
specified. It could well be OpenEhr. Their might also be smaller parties which
will be health data provider.

The idea is that the patient (or better, consumer) becomes the owner of the
data. A connected PHR. He gives the healthcare providers access to his data.
The healthcare data company is a tech company and the consumer choose it like
he chooses his telephone provider.. Maybe it is a combined service.

GDPR supports this new market idea. But when the user switches provider, he
must be sure that all his data are removed from the old provider.

This is the intention from the tech companies, and it is a good intention.

Of course the Google's of this earth will be leading, but it is an open market
so small parties can also enter and compete on price or special features in
context of mhealth or sport-support or support for special conditions.

Anyway, I have read about this this week in a journal, and it seems very
promising. That was my thought about asking.

I am now writing this from my phone, but tomorrow after 1200 km driving, I can
come back to this.

Best regards
Bert

Verzonden vanaf mijn Xperia™ van Sony-smartphone

---- Karsten Hilbert schreef ----