In all other contexts the patient can never be forgotten or deleted. Any
> legal transaction is subject to archiving laws. For tax purposes the time
> period is 5 years in the Netherlands, I think. Only after these periods as
> defined by law the transactions can/must be deleted.

It is true that there are laws which make it necessary to keep certain
data, good example, taxes. I business owner must keep a record of all
financial transactions. I think the GDPR excludes this from its effect,
because laws may not contradict each other.

Thanks for this remark

Bert