Will Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Will,

You are right! The flawed process was an attempt to get the OSHCA formally retgisterd, start a web site and get going. Endless changes and debate are not going to do this.

Therefore, with this somewhat awkward, even ridiculous process, we become a formally registered organization.

The alternative?

Endless debates as to where to register, endless changees to the constitution, exasperating changes of the formalization, dates to have meetings, ways to have the meeting.

Molly gives up.

No formalization. Nobody to take over the formalization and registration.

OSHCA remains what it is. A tiny, very tiny email forum with about 5-7 regular mailers and several lurkers.

I give up.

OSHCA is all yours! Take it, keep it, own it, mail each other and keep each other happy.

Nandalal
  nandalal,

from the perspective of a simple discussion at a face to face
meeting, this is what is happening:

"we have a motion and a second to approve the 1.0 draft of the
constitution.   is there any further discussion?"

as a responsible member of the community i first evaluate whether or
not it makes sense to initiate further discussion.   deciding that it
makes sense to raise the objection, i ask for the floor and state my
concern so that my concern is noted as part of the process, even if i
have every confidence that the motion will pass over my further
discussion.

then, the chair receives a motion to close the discussion, which is
seconded and passed.

does this "disrupt the process" or is it a legitimate part of the
process?   you decide.

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

http://www.fredtrotter.com
http://www.synseer.com

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Service.
>

> ---------------------------------

> Yahoo! Groups Links

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

will ross
project manager
mendocino informatics
216 west perkins street, suite 206
ukiah, california  95482  usa
707.462.6369 [office]
707.462.5015 [fax]
www.minformatics.com

"Getting people to adopt common standards is impeded by patents."
         Sir Tim Berners-Lee,  BCS, 2006