I'm not an apologist for Oracle, but in their defense, I can't see any
commercial company telegraphing their punches by pre-announcing technology.
 If you want support for those platforms, feel free fork the codebase and
write it.  I'd be satisified if we could get high-priority bugs and
performance issues taken care of and back-ported to 7 on a monthly basis.
 Anything beyond that is just gravy.

Cheers,

Mark