On 13.11.2019 16:53, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
> Actually, in this case, sending an email to this list is the right way to
> start this discussion. I
> had meant to reply last week, but was out of town (at Devoxx), and busy with
> other things.
>
> Before we take a look at a patch that implements what you propose to change,
> we need a little more
> information about what problems are being caused by the current behavior. Do
> you have a test
> program that isn't working correctly? Since this proposed fix changes visible
> behavior, we also
> need to consider whether there are any compatibility or documentation
> implications.
>
> The next step would be to file a bug at bugreport.java.com [1]. The bug
> report should include a
> test case that demonstrates the problem. Also, if you haven't already done
> so, please read the
> CONTRIBUTING [2] guidelines.
>
> Before a pull request, we will need a bug report with a standalone
> reproducible test case,
> submitted at https://bugreport.java.com/
>  -- ideally a test case that could be turned into an automated test.

Thank you very much, indeed!

Will come up with a short reproducible testcase in ooRexx with brief comments
such that the testcase
could be understood without the runtime (ooRexx reads almost like pseudo-code).

To reproduce the testcase one would need ooRexx and the Java bridge BSF4ooRexx
(all opensource) for
which I could come up with a zip-archive (assuming binaries within should be
64-bit) and a script to
set up the environment either for Windows, Linux or MacOS, whatever you advise.
Would that be o.k.?

---rony