On 14.11.2019 22:57, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
> On 11/14/2019 10:12 AM, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
>> ... cut ...
>> If test units really seem to be important in this particular case, one
>> possibility would be to
>> create a minimalistic ScriptEngine implementation in pure Java just for the
>> sole purpose to allow
>> the creation of a test unit that is able to assert that FXMLLoader puts the
>> ScriptEngine.ARGV and
>> ScriptEngine.FILENAME entries into the ENGINE_SCOPE Bindings. E.g. having
>> the ScriptEngine's eval()
>> methods return the ScriptContext at invocation time in order to allow
>> inspection of the Bindings.
>> This way it would become also possible to write in addition test units that
>> also check whether all
>> FXML elements that carry a fx:id are really placed into the GLOBAL_SCOPE
>> Bindings.
>
> Something like that seems reasonable, and would avoid a dependence on
> Nashorn, which in addition
> to having all the problems you mentioned, is deprecated for removal.
>
>> However,
>
> Did you have something more to add?

No, sorry for that. Rewrote my e-mail and had sent it too early by mistake and
without noticing.

Will study all the procedures and create a testcase to be submitted at
<https://bugreport.java.com/>
as per your advice (and will report back under this thread once submitted). The
testcase would use
an artificial ScriptEngine implementation that could be used for testunit
testing as well. This
might take a while due to other obligations that I will have to meet during the
next few days.

---rony