On 22/01/2020 18:52, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
Hi Anthony,

On 22.01.2020 17:07, Anthony Vanelverdinghe wrote:
Your issue has been converted into a JDK issue, with your testcase attached [1].

Thank you *very* much for this information!

Normally you should’ve received an e-mail at the time of this conversion,

Just searched all my e-mail folders and could not find it (looking for "FXMLLoader" in the subject of e-mails as the bug title contains that word) but could not find a matching e-mail for whatever reasons.

but you can check this yourself by using the internal review ID as in [2]. If you’d like to contribute a fix, see [3].

Kind regards, Anthony

[1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8234959 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8234959>

[2] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JI-9062887 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JI-9062887>

[3] https://github.com/openjdk/jfx <https://github.com/openjdk/jfx>

Thank you also for these links (and I learned something new on how to check for it using the internal review id with your [2], thanks a lot for this hint as well)!

Will go back and study all the necessary procedures (forgot a lot since reading them the last time) and will try to contribute the fix in the proper way but it may take me a little while (currently quite busy around here).

---

Maybe one more question: there would be an optimization possible by compiling scripts for script engines that have the javax.script.Compilable interface implemented and use the compiled version to execute/evaluate the scripts (may be helpful for event handler code e.g. for onMouseMove event handlers). Can the fix include such an optimization or should there be a separate discussion/RFE for it beforehand? (Adding this would be trivial in the context of the fix, however the bug description would not hint at such an optimization.)

In my opinion, this should be filed as a separate issue, since it's unrelated to the current issue and is an enhancement, rather than a bug.

---rony

Kind regards, Anthony