On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:21:37 GMT, Ambarish Rapte <ara...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/AmbientLight.java line 37:
>>
>>> 35:  * <p>
>>> 36:  * {@code AmbientLight}s can represent strong light sources in an
>>> enclosed area where the lights bounces from many
>>> 37:  * objects, causing them to be illuminated from many directions. A
>>> strong light in a room and moonlight are common light
>>
>>> A strong light in a room ...
>>
>> I think this is OK, as long as a reader doesn't think of an overhead light
>> in a room, which also has the properties of a point light.
>
> Ambient light is a light that comes from all directions, scattered from
> different surfaces and it does not cast shadow. So I think the example of
> strong light and moon light should be avoided. Moon light is more like the
> Sun light, a directional light.

What examples would you use?

If a light in a room is strong it will barely cast shadows since its
reflections from all directions eliminate them.

Maybe I should mention that Ambient light can be used with a dark color to
provide a base weak lighting of the environment, and on top of it use other
lights.