On Wed, 23 Sep 2026 11:27:39 GMT, Nir Lisker <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Update for the 3D lighting test tool as described in the JBS issue.
>> 
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Nir Lisker has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge 
> or a rebase. The pull request now contains 42 commits:
> 
>  - Document external resource
>  - Used same-sized icons
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into 
> 8327179_Update_the_3D_lighting_application
>  - Revert "Initial test"
>    
>    This reverts commit d435585765c76010b594014b758dadc610db6fda.
>  - Initial test
>  - Merge branch '8327179_Update_the_3D_lighting_application' into 
> 8392736_Cache_lights_instead_of_reuploading_to_the_GPU_on_every_call
>  - Relative path warning
>  - Docs clarifications
>  - EOF line
>  - Added a guide
>  - ... and 32 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/compare/67f70684...08d1335a

We had a brief conversation about using text as icons 
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8392843 - basically, no amount of trickery 
can produce the desired result.  we should be using svg or generated Paths.  
Having said that, for a test applications the text-based icons should be fine.

While playing with the app, I loaded background from a large image (a 
screenshot).  Selected box shape, moved it around, then switched to null 
background.  The shape disappeared - all I can see is a blank area.  Where did 
it go?  Is there a way to reset the viewport parameters to the initial values 
(maybe they should get rest when changing the model?)

-------------

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1387#pullrequestreview-5295070982

Reply via email to