On Fri, 25 Sep 2026 09:32:27 GMT, Nir Lisker <[email protected]> wrote:

>> tests/performance/3DLighting/build.gradle line 26:
>> 
>>> 24:         "--module-path", jarsPath.getAsFile().absolutePath,
>>> 25:         "--add-modules", "javafx.controls,javafx.swing",
>>> 26:         // unblock the default 60fps cap
>> 
>> To unblock the 60fps cap `-Djavafx.animation.fullspeed=true` should be 
>> sufficient. This disables vsync and causes pulses to happen immediately 
>> after they are completed.
>
> I see that it still caps at 1000. Is this a hard limit?

Looking at JavaFX code there should be no cap unless there is some driver or 
runtime limitation. JavaFX immediately fires the next pulse with this setting, 
and VSync should be disabled fully.

Today I'm on my weaker Intel iGPU machine, I will give it a closer look at my 
stronger PC with an NVidia card next week. I don't expect this to be a JavaFX 
cap, but it might be worth looking into. Timer limitations/precision on Windows 
maybe?

**EDIT:** I forgot to add, I do see the 1000FPS cap on my current machine as 
well.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1387#discussion_r4105231270

Reply via email to