On Wed, 23 Sep 2026 11:27:39 GMT, Nir Lisker <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Update for the 3D lighting test tool as described in the JBS issue.
>> 
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Nir Lisker has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge 
> or a rebase. The pull request now contains 42 commits:
> 
>  - Document external resource
>  - Used same-sized icons
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into 
> 8327179_Update_the_3D_lighting_application
>  - Revert "Initial test"
>    
>    This reverts commit d435585765c76010b594014b758dadc610db6fda.
>  - Initial test
>  - Merge branch '8327179_Update_the_3D_lighting_application' into 
> 8392736_Cache_lights_instead_of_reuploading_to_the_GPU_on_every_call
>  - Relative path warning
>  - Docs clarifications
>  - EOF line
>  - Added a guide
>  - ... and 32 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/compare/67f70684...08d1335a

I did a quick look and it looks good, still have to do some more testing. Might 
come back with more comments soon, for now I have one minor `build.gradle` 
suggestion.

tests/performance/3DLighting/build.gradle line 26:

> 24:         "--module-path", jarsPath.getAsFile().absolutePath,
> 25:         "--add-modules", "javafx.controls,javafx.swing",
> 26:         // unblock the default 60fps cap

To unblock the 60fps cap `-Djavafx.animation.fullspeed=true` should be 
sufficient. This disables vsync and causes pulses to happen immediately after 
they are completed.

-------------

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1387#pullrequestreview-5314661447
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1387#discussion_r4102073483

Reply via email to