On Thu, 8 Oct 2026 15:33:00 GMT, Robert Lichtenberger <[email protected]> 
wrote:

>> As analysed in the bug, the previousWord() method does not work correctly if 
>> at the word boundary a character is found that is neither letter nor digit.
>> This fix changes the method so that only ranges of whitespace will be 
>> skipped, resulting in correct word selection behaviour.
>> A test case has been added to TextAreaTest.
>> gradlew :controls:test --tests test.javafx.scene.control.Text*Test has been 
>> executed to ensure no regressions happen in other text related classes. No 
>> errors were reported.
>> 
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [X] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Robert Lichtenberger has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
> additional commit since the last revision:
> 
>   8264588: Optimise click testing infrastructure.

I think we are almost there.  Initially I wanted to get some tests out of this, 
looks like we are opening a can of worms.  We can deal with weird cases in a 
follow-up, but I would like to resolve the linux one in this PR.

modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/behavior/TextAreaBehaviorTest.java
 line 132:

> 130:                 clickCharacter(0, 2, true)
> 131:         );
> 132:         assertEquals("Bug", control.getSelectedText());

github actions (GHA) run headless tests on all three supported platforms, it's 
a good idea to check if the new tests pass (we might have intermittent 
unrelated failures, still)

the headless run fails on Windows here, see 
https://github.com/effad/jfx/actions/runs/37801058134/job/113393301071#step:9:1245

we'd need to split the tests into windows- and non-windows specific ones using 
`assumeTrue()`

since we have a follow-up, I think you could just comment out this particular 
test, make sure to add `TODO` with an explanation.

-------------

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2334#pullrequestreview-5461622168
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2334#discussion_r4223093460

Reply via email to