On Thu, 8 Oct 2026 19:10:27 GMT, Andy Goryachev <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Robert Lichtenberger has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>> 8264588: Optimise click testing infrastructure.
>
> modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/behavior/TextAreaBehaviorTest.java
> line 132:
>
>> 130: clickCharacter(0, 2, true)
>> 131: );
>> 132: assertEquals("Bug", control.getSelectedText());
>
> github actions (GHA) run headless tests on all three supported platforms,
> it's a good idea to check if the new tests pass (we might have intermittent
> unrelated failures, still)
>
> the headless run fails on Windows here, see
> https://github.com/effad/jfx/actions/runs/37801058134/job/113393301071#step:9:1245
>
> we'd need to split the tests into windows- and non-windows specific ones
> using `assumeTrue()`
>
> since we have a follow-up, I think you could just comment out this particular
> test, make sure to add `TODO` with an explanation.
Will do. I think one of the things that we should abandon in the follow-up is
the Windows-specific behavior. I don't think there's such a thing as "standard
Windows behavior" for double clicking in a TextArea. But I will try to research
into this a bit further.
-------------
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2334#discussion_r4228381519